This Service is ON HOLD until further notice
Our counselling services are orientated to address the need for a low cost and linguistically appropriate service for Spanish speakers living in Melbourne. Our services are available in Spanish and English.
What types of counselling are available?
Why seek counselling?
Counselling enables people to develop self-understanding and to make positive changes in their lives. It also leads to relief from stressful experiences or feelings and helps to manage major life changes.
Our counselling services can help with personal concerns such us:
- Relationship difficulties
- Difficult life circumstances
- Low self-esteem
- Addictions (gambling, alcohol, drugs)
- Acculturation and Isolation issues
Who can seek counselling?
Our counselling service can be accessed by anyone who is struggling with a personal concern or difficult life circumstance.
This service is suitable for people who may have already had experience seeing a counsellor or psychologist or for people who have thought about trying counselling but did not go ahead due to the language barrier or other personal misconceptions.
Vocational counselling is orientated to identify people’s professional profile and help them join the workforce and/or clarify their career goals.
This service includes:
- Assessment of interests, abilities and values and how these relate to people’s career choice.
- Career planning and exploration of career options
- Time and stress management to help people accomplish their career goals.
- Strategies to enhance interview skills.
Making an appointment
- Referrals are not required
- Please contact us to make an appointment on (03) 93182949
- Service hours are Wednesday and Friday from 9:30am to 5:00pm.
- There are no limits on the number of sessions a person may attend.
What is the cost?
The low cost counselling fees are:
$10 per session (concession)
$15 per session
This small fee is only a contribution towards the administration expenses related to running the counselling service and it does not represent in any way the actual cost of a counselling session.