Volunteer & Social Support Coordinator
Currently seeking a bi-lingual (Spanish speaking) professional with exceptional project management and people skills to coordinate UNITED’s Community Visitors Scheme (CVS). CVS aims to mobilise volunteers to provide friendship and companionship to Spanish speaking elders who are at risk of isolation or loneliness.
QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Well-developed skills in oral and written communication to enable the preparation of routine correspondence and reports where required.
- Creative, resourceful, and pragmatic with a positive Can Do and solution-focused attitude.
- Capacity and flexibility to cope effectively with a diverse and demanding work agenda.
- Capacity to manage competing priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- Value diversity in others’ work and personal styles.
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to working and learning collectively with others.
- Willingness to assist and support others as required and collaborate with team members.
- Act in a professional manner at all times to provide a prompt, courteous, responsive, and flexible service to all program clients and staff.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and client services skills.
- Foster a safe and friendly working environment of equal opportunity where staff are valued as individuals and part of a team.
Skills & competencies
- Ability to promote transparency and quality service delivery, achieving high levels of client satisfaction.
- Goodassessment and care planning skills.
- Excellent computer literacy skills in spreadsheets, databases, word processing programs and software including: E-tools, (or similar Client Management System), and My Aged Care (MAC) portal.
- Ability to apply knowledge in a practical and commercial manner.
- Ability to coordinate services according to relevant program guidelines.
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people, both internal and external to the organisation, in a professional and ethical manner.
- Problem-solving, decision making and organisational skills.
- Fluent in Spanish and English and good understanding of the Spanish speaking communities’ history, culture and their needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients who have different needs, such as people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) and LGBTI backgrounds, or people with a disability.
- Ability to promote the organisation’s policies and practices focused on building a diverse workplace.
- Ability to work independently and proactively, with excellent organisational and time management skills.
Goodunderstanding of Home Care Packages (HCPP) and Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) guidelines.
Understanding of a person-centred philosophy and Consumer Directed Care (CDC).
- Thorough understanding of Wellness and Reablement philosophy.
- Good team leadership experience.
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Social Science, Project Management, Welfare of Disabilitiy studies or other human services fieds; including Diploma of Community Services.
- Previous experience in developing staff, fostering teamwork, and effectively working as a team member while providing leadership.
How To Apply
Application addressing the Selection Criteria should be submitted to email@example.com using the subject line: Volunteer & Social Support Coordinator
Please include a statement of your experience relevant to the selection criteria.
Only applications that address these criteria will be considered.
Please contact Gisela at 0415560273 or Barbara at 0451361308 if you have any questions.
SUPPORT WORKER POSITION
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SUPPORT WORKERS TO WORK IN THE EAST AND WEST AREAS!!!
QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Certificate III in either Ageing Support, Individual Support, Aged Care Or Certificate IV in Disability.
- Relevant experience in service delivery in a Home Care environment working with the frail, elderly or people with a disability.
- Experience in developing and facilitating group programs for the elderly.
- A current Victorian Driver’s Licence and an insured and reliable vehicle.
- Hold or be prepared to obtain Food Safety Handling certificate.
- Hold or be prepared to obtain First Aid/ CPR Certificate.
- Hold or be prepared to obtain a Police Check.
- Be prepared to attend training sessions as per industry standards and undertake professional development when required.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of Person Centered Support.
- Understanding of Aged Care, not-for-profit home community sector or similar
- Effective verbal, written and computer skills
- Positive, can do attitude with the ability to engage and motivate Aging people.
- Demonstrated professional attitude and commitment to continual learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in a team.
- Ability and experience with optimising opportunities to connect people to their community.
- Experience in working with individual support plans.
- Bilingual (Spanish – English)
- Right to work in Australia
In order to assess your job application please forward following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae