Home Care packages
Our home care services can help Spanish speaking seniors with some of the things they are finding difficult to manage of their day to day life.
Home Care Packages are individually tailored packages of care that aim to help seniors achieve their goals and meet their needs of care to stay well, healthy and safe at home for as long as they can.
What kinds of assistance is provided by a home care package?
General Support Services
- Assistance and transport to help you do the shopping, attend medical appointments and social activities.
- Respite Care.
- Doing the cleaning and laundry.
- Gardening and home maintenance.
- Staying connected with your activities, interests, friends and community.
- Preparing meals.
- Assistance with showering and dressing.
Help to stay Healthy
- Nurse visits
- Seeing professionals like physiotherapists, occupational therapists, dentists and podiatrists.
- Providing items to help you get around, look after your personal hygiene and stay safe.
How are Home Care Packages delivered?
A Spanish speaking case manager will work with you to get the support you need to remain living independently at home. Our care manager will visit you at your home to talk about:
- Your goals.
- What is important to you to make your life as easy as possible
- What sort of things might help you to improve your day to day life
- What support you need to remain safe and well at home
- How do you want to be supported and when and where you want that support to be available.
Once you and the case manager have worked through your goals, interests and preferences, the next step is to make a service plan that includes the services an assistance you would like to receive. The service plan will include exactly what will be provided, who will provide it, the timing and frequency and the cost of the services you will receive.
What can our care managers do for you?
- Conduct assessments and care planning.
- Coordinate and monitor your care, support services and medical appointments.
- Work with you to preserve your independence.
- Make referrals to other support services.
- Help you prepare administrative and legal documents.
- Help you find the resources to meet your goals and needs.
- Stay in touch with you to ensure that services are beneficial.
- Listen to your concerns and work with you to find different ways to address them.
This program received funding from the Federal Government (Department of Social Services)