Planned Activity Groups
Our Planned Activity Groups provide Spanish speaking seniors with the opportunity to:
- stay mentally and physically active,
- socialize with people who speak their native language and share their cultural background and
- enjoy a range of recreational and meaningful activities in a group setting.
Who can participate?
- People over 65 from Spanish speaking background.
- People living at home within the South, North & West Metropolitan Region.
- People with minor mobility issues and early onset of dementia.
- People at risk of social isolation or socially isolated.
What activities are offered?
- Gentle exercises, Ti Chi, relaxation techniques, light pressure massage, etc.
- Outings to exciting places of interest
- Information sessions
- Arts and Craft
- Special cultural celebrations
- Board games
- Traditional music
- Latin American and Spanish cuisine
- Activities to stay mentally active
When and Where?
Our Planned activity groups operate on a weekly basis from 9 am to 3 pm in four different locations:
- Noble Park (Monday)
- Burnside Heights (Wednesday)
- East Melbourne (Thursday)
Activities are planned and delivered based on the interests and abilities of the participants and are oriented to strengthen skills necessary for daily living.
What is the cost?
A small contribution fee is charged per visit.
To make an enquiry or make a referral please call Cristina Savoia on 0448380842 or 93182949.
This program received funding from the Victorian State and Federal Government.