Planned Activity Groups
Our Planned Activity Groups provide Spanish speaking seniors with the opportunity to:
- stay mentally and physically active,
- socialize with people who speak their native language and share their cultural background and
- enjoy a range of recreational and meaningful activities in a group setting.
Who can participate?
- People over 65 from Spanish speaking background.
- People living at home within the South, North & West Metropolitan Region.
- People with minor mobility issues and early onset of dementia.
- People at risk of social isolation or socially isolated.
What activities are offered?
- Gentle exercises, Ti Chi, relaxation techniques, light pressure massage, etc.
- Outings to exciting places of interest
- Information sessions
- Arts and Craft
- Special cultural celebrations
- Board games
- Traditional music
- Latin American and Spanish cuisine
- Activities to stay mentally active
When and Where?
Our Planned activity groups operate on a weekly basis from 9 am to 3 pm in four different locations:
- Noble Park (Monday)
- Sunshine North (Wednesday)
- East Melbourne (Thursday)
- Melton (Friday)
Activities are planned and delivered based on the interests and abilities of the participants and are oriented to strengthen skills necessary for daily living.
What is the cost?
A small contribution fee is charged per visit.
To make an enquiry or make a referral please call Patricia on 0448380842 or 93182949.
This program received funding from the Victorian State and Federal Government.