Tax Help Program
Our Tax help program provides free and confidential service in Spanish to help people complete their tax returns online using myTax. The tax help program is delivered by Australian Taxation Office-trained and accredited community volunteers.
What can volunteers help me with?
- Volunteers can help you lodge your tax return online with myTax or claim a refund of franking credits.
- If our volunteers work out that you don’t need to lodge a tax return, they can help you complete a non-lodgment advice.
- Volunteers are unable to help you with amendments
Who is eligible for Tax Help?
You are eligible for Tax Help if your income is around $50,000 or less for the income year and you did not:
- work as a contractor, for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver
- run a business, including as a sole trader
- have partnership or trust matters
- sell shares or an investment property
- own a rental property
- have capital gains tax (CGT)
- receive royalties
- receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
- receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity.
This program received funding from the Victorian State and Federal Government.